Kylie Cosmetics - The Royal Peach Palette

First post of 2017!
Sorry I'm so useless.. I'll try harder this year k?

For my first post of the year I thought I would post a wee review of the palette everybody has been talking about.. The Royal Peach Palette from Kylie Cosmetics. I was totally lusting over this palette and in the end it was Jeffree Star that sold me on it after watching his tutorial and review. I grabbed this on its release day and it only took three days to get to New Zealand! 


Now firstly I'm not 100% in love with the packaging. The box it comes in is the image of Kylie's eyes. The actual palette just says "Kylie". I wish 'Royal Peach Palette' was written somewhere on the front of the box and the packaging. 

The next thing I noticed as soon as I opened the palette was a strong paint like smell. Now I don't think it is the actual shadows themselves since I can't smell it once its on my skin, and I've had no irritations at all. I think it may be the actual packaging. Let me know if any of you have also noticed this.. I think it was John Kuckian who mentioned others have had this problem with theirs as well. 

Now for the actual shadows...


I think the shades in this are gorgeous despite the fact they aren't colours I would normally reach for.. However, I find it a little odd that the shimmer shades are more pigmented than the mattes. The blue shade  'Royal' was the one that caught my eye and sadly... It was rather chalky. Here are some swatches:


As you can see, a few of the matte shades, especially the blue are a little chalky. 
I tried this palette the other morning and all the shades I tried blended fine.. I'm hoping once I try out the blue shade, a blue liner will make the colour really pop!

I definitely think The Burgundy palette from Kylie is better quality. Every shade is pigmented and blends like a dream AND it has a brow highlight shade - something the RP palette is lacking.

Have you tried this palette yet? What did you think?

Alyssa, xxx

Comments

  1. WOW! It only took 3 days to get to NZ?! That is super impressive! Usually I find my parcel arrives within a week or two. Anyway, love the packaging of this palette and the colors are so pretty ^-^ but I don't think I need another palette, since I have the burgundy palette but I haven't even touch that yet hahha. Great post Alyssa ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts