Epiology Skincare Review - BeautyReview NZ

Hey guys!

A few weeks ago I was sent the Epiology cleanser and cream to trial from Beauty Review NZ. (Beauty Review is an awesome site btw! You all beauty addicts need to sign up!)
 So I did a little Google on Epiology and noticed there wasn't many reviews on this brand at all - so I thought I would write one myself :)


I've been struggling with acne for years - so I'm always keen to try something new. My skin type is oily and prone to blackheads + the odd pimple. I am also slightly sensitive.
 This is a two step process which includes the Anti Acne Foaming Pre Wash cleanser and the Advanced Anti Acne Cream. 

Anti Acne Foaming Pre-Wash

I'll be honest and say when I saw it was a foaming cleanser I was a little panicked. I've never really liked foaming cleansers as they can be drying. But this cleanser is super gentle and doesn't leave your face feeling tight afterwards. One thing I don't like is that it doesn't feel like its really cleaning your face. They say to use 2-3 pumps but I find you need more like 4-5. Even then, the foam literally dissolves into nothing so I had nothing at all to work with. So you need to do a double cleanse in my opinion. Again, it is gentle so my face wasn't drying out at all from using extra product. 

This cleanser didn't make my skin any worse.. Yay! But it's still not as clear as I expected it to be. I suffer from a lot of blackheads along my jawline and chin. This cleanser hasn't helped with that at all really but I've noticed my complexion looks a lot brighter and clearer through my cheeks. Half way through the trial I started using my Clean and Clear toner again as I felt my face wasn't being cleaned thoroughly. 

One thing that confused me is the fact its called "Pre Wash" as if you should use another cleanser afterwards. But it is called this as it preps the skin for step 2 - The Advanced Anti Acne Cream.


What they say: The Anti Acne Foaming Pre Wash assists in the prevention of acne by gently cleanign the skin, removing the byild up of excessive oils and removing acne causing bacteria. This cleanser contains oil free moisturizers and is pH balanced to minimize stress on the skin.  This retails for $19.95 (110ml)

The Advanced Anti Acne Cream 

So this follows the "Pre Wash". At first I was using this morning and night after cleansing (as directed) and I was using this as a "moisturizer" under my foundation. But I noticed it was making my foundation look cakey and oily, so half way through the trial I stopped using this in the mornings I used foundation and just stuck to nights and make up free days! I only use one pump. For the first day or two I noticed a few dry patches but it cleared itself up by the third day :)  I love that it doesn't sting at all (so perfect so sensitive skin) and doesn't feel heavy. One thing I will admit is it does make my pores look slightly enlarged :( 


What they say: This cream contains the patented bio-active ingredient called IDP, which has been shown to be a powerful anti-bacterial while calming the skin and reducing the visible signs of acne. This retails for $25.95(28g)

I feel 50/50 about this range. I have noticed small inprovements and I do feel like over a longer period time I might notice better results! I would say to give it a try - its inexpensive and available at most New Zealand pharmacies and online at www.epiologyskincare.com

What are your favourite skincare brands? I would love to know! 

Alyssa, xxx

Comments

  1. This is a relatively less known skincare brand however following your review it seems like a good one. In my case I prefer to have professional consultation from Cosmedocs Clinic London regarding skin care products to use for my skin type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best ever post for enhancing our beauty and i became regular reader of your blog. Keep useful posting like this. Also try these websites waxing offers in hyderabad | home waxing salon in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read several just right stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how a lot attempt you set to create one of these great informative website.

    hair growth oil Multan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post. I am a regular visitor of your site and appreciate you taking the time to maintain the excellent site. I’ll be a regular visitor for a really long time.
    arnica hair oil

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's because you may use only one time at night not in the morning, also in the morning you make up,and if you can't clean it properly, then it may clog the pore. If you make up, you should use oil cleansing, it clean better,then you can use Anti Acne Foaming Pre-Wash after that. For larger pore,using silicon may help. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts