Skincare Favorites | How I Cleared Up My Skin

Hey guys!

Towards the end of last year, my skin started playing up something tragic! I was getting a really bad congestion blackheads on my cheeks and jawline. They just wouldn't budge :,(
I'm always a bit iffy about trying the recommendations of YouTubers but I saw Shannon Harris (Shaaanxo) showing her Manuka Doctor purifying face peel mask a lot in her vlogs. She seemed impressed so I bit the bullet and purchased it.
I fell in love after one use. However, for some reason I was under the impression that because it was a peel off mask, that it would pull out blackheads. It doesn't do this but.. It did make my skin feel incredibly smooth and fresh afterwards as this mask stimulates cell renewal and purifies pores.

Manuka Doctor | Foaming Facial cleanser and Purifying Facial Peel mask
Since I fell in love with the mask I also bought the Foaming Facial Cleanser a wee while later. This helped clear my skin so quickly!! This cleanser does an awesome job of removing my make up (I also love their makeup wipes for getting off the majority of my make up before cleansing!) and controls my oil perfectly.

I absolutely love the ApiClear range and I am dying to try more products by Manuka Doctor. I have a wish list in my head :)
You can buy Manuka Doctor products from http://www.manukadr.co.nz or if you are in NZ also, Life Pharamcy stock their products and often have a "buy two get one free" promotion!

Something else that saved my skin is the Ultimate Skin Spa system by Vanity Planet. Again this was another Shaaanxo recommendation. Shannon showed this in her evening routine and supplied a discount code, so I hit my mum up and she bought this as part of my Christmas prezzy. This kit is usually $125USD but with Shaaanxo discount it brings it down to $38USD. Here's the link: http://promo.vanityplanet.com/shaaanxo-ultimate-skin-spa-system

The Ultimate Skin Spa kit by Vanity Planet

This awesome cleaning brush comes with three different brush heads and uses a gentle rotating action to thoroughly cleanse, exfoliate and lift any make up, oil and dirt left in your pores. The result is a visible change in pore size, and an overall improvement in skin tone and texture. This brush has a two speed setting. I use the first setting day to day and if I want to quickly give my cheeks an extra deep exfoliation, I will use the second (more intense) setting. In addition to its clarifying benefits, it also primes your skin's surface to absorb moisturisers and other skincare products.

Here are the different brush heads;

Silicone head
This non abrasive silicone head gently cleanses your skin and is good for acne prone skin as it doesn't harbour bacteria. I use this on days when I'm not wearing make up as I find it doesn't give much of a deep clean. But I do love it for any break outs that pop up :)  

Exfoliating brush
I only use this head 1-2 times a fortnight as it is quite harsh on my skin. This one here is deigned to lift away any debris trapped deep with your pores. I mainly use this on my cheeks as thats where my pores are most large.

Daily Cleansing brush
And finally the Daily Cleansing brush.. This head is my absolute favourite! When I get home after work I use a make up wipe then go in with this attachment and really deep cleanse my face to get rid of all that dirt and make up residue that has built up over the day. My skin feels so fresh afterwards.

I 100% recommend trying a cleansing brush from Vanity Planet. You will be amazed at how much more clean and soft your skin will feel afterwards! I could never go back to just washing my face with cleanser by hand now. 

Have you tried any products from Vanity Planet and Manuka Doctor? Let me know what you think of these brands!

Alyssa, xxx

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts