My Top Foundations for Oily Skin

Hello lovelies :)
If you have an oily skin type like me, you'll know the struggle of trying to find a decent foundation that doesn't slide off your face within ten minutes! So I thought I would write this post to show what foundations have worked best for me.



I know every 'oil free' or matte foundation won't work the same for everybody.. Believe me I know! So many people suggested Estee Lauder's 'Double Wear' for oily skin so I went in store to get a tester and gave it a whirl.. NOPE NOPE NOPE. It oxidized like crazy on me and within minutes, I was so ridiculously oily and shiney I couldn't believe it. But I know heaps of girls swear by it and looove it! So it pays to get a sample before committing to buy a full size product if you can :)

Here are my three favourites so far..

MAC Studio Fix Fluid
This was my first high (and only) high end foundation I've ever bought. I totally grabbed this on a whim - not knowing if it was even for oily skin. Some oily skin girls love it, some despise it. I love it.
It's very full coverage and lasts all day. I use the shade NC37 in winter and NC40 in summer (not that i notice that much of a difference between shades. What I also love about this foundation is it is very yellow toned. Hallelujah!
It lasts all day - I put my make up on around 6am and its still there at 6pm which is amazing! I may get a bit of shine around my t-zone towards the end of the day but that's easily fixed by blotting with a tissue. The Studio Fix powder is another holy grail of mine. When applied over top it sets my foundation all day and makes me look extra flawless. I will always repurchase both products.

EX1 Cosmetics Invisiwear Liquid Foundation

I purchased this because I saw YouTubers using it in tutorials and saying how was perfect for oily skin/olive under toned girls. I'll add a video or two to this blog post of people trying it out :)
I bought mine from look fantastic .com (free shipping to NZ! ). This brand is awesome because they have a chart that matches you to your MAC shade - how helpful is that?! 


Since I'm NC37 I grabbed F300 and it matches pretty darn well! It's medium coverage but definitely build able. I apply with either a Real Technique buffing brush or a Beauty Blender. Most days I only apply one layer because I love the finish it gives - my skin looks natural and glowy (semi matte). The first time I tried this I was hooked - it lasted all day (a very hot humid day I might add) and didn't slide at all! The only bad thing I can say, is it's not as yellow as I would like.. It's a teeny bit beige but not really noticeable :) Also using my Studio Fix powder over top corrects this. Otherwise I just set it with any translucent powder. 
*Here is Shaaanxo using the foundation in a tutorial 

L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte

While doing my usual Instagram scroll through I saw this foundation becoming very popular.  I looked up some reviews and a lot of girls said its amazing for oily skin. So I grabbed one and it's amazing - I find it very similar to Studio Fix actually. It's yellow undertoned - yuss! Dries almost completely matte - yusss! And lasts all day! I do get a little bit oily near the end of the day but I just blot away any shine. It's a medium to full coverage and again, I use a brush or beauty blender and find they both work well.  I use the shade Sun Beige. 

Ugh ny swatches look more orange than they really are! :(

I also use Benefits Porefessional with all my foundations or the Revlon Photoready Perfecting primer :) 
I thought I would also add I did try Maybellines Matte and Poreless since it was talked up a lot like Double Wear. I bought the shade 310 and the coverage is quite nice - medium but buildable. However I found it only lasted about an hour or so before I was oily :( it also oxidized a little bit on me. It turned into my "I'm only going to be in public for a little while so I'll chuck this on foundation". So this one has gone to my mum instead of sitting and going to waste! 


Comments

  1. Great post! I hate it when foundations oxidize because it's like "finally a good match!!" and then it ends up being so disappointing :( and in general it's hard to find foundations that work well with oily skin, so I'll have to try these out!
    Katie
    http://catchingupwithkat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAC studio fix is mine favourite. I had a facelift treatment from http://www.cosmedocs.com/treatments/face-thread-lift.php with threads and it has improved my skin tightness and firmness a lot so using this foundation give me an ultra smooth and flawless skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! After seeing your post I'll buy the L'oreal infallible!! Hope it matches well!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts