My Honest Opinion: Kylie Lip Kit

Oh my! These lip kits are taking over social media!

The first time I attempted to purchase a kit, I was way too slow. I added a kit to my cart, got into my cart to check out and it was gone! Out of stock. Damn :'(
After learning my lesson and knowing they sold out so quick I was on the site 20 minutes before the next restock launched. What a stressful 11 minutes. Adding it to my cart, racing to get all my details in then getting a "Something went wrong. Please try again. Refresh this page" over and over again! My heart was racing and my hands were ridiculously sweaty.. I was about to give up but alas, at 12:11, I got to the "Thank you for your order" screen! Yaaaas!!! About a week later, the courier man popped that gorgeous black and white box through the front door.



I really wasn't expecting much from these two products. Being a major Kylie Jenner fan, I just wanted it for the brand. I didn't expect it to be amazing. A lot of people said it was the ColourPop liquid lipstick formula repackaged. I didn't mind. It was a Kylie Jenner lipkit. All I knew was that I had to get one asap.

All up it cost me $65NZD including postage to NZ. The way I justify it is; $30 for a lipliner, $30 for a liquid lipstick and $5 shipping.

I love the packaging the lip liner and lipstick some in. Its simple, yet edgy. I chose the shade Posie K as I thought it would suit my complexion best (I'm NC37 / NC40) and being a dusty mauve pink, it's a colour I can wear daily.

Myself wearing Posie K - iPhone quality.. Sorry!
Swatches of Posie K - liner and lipstick
So the question is.. Are the Kylie LipKits actually good?
And my answer is YES. I 100% recommend them!

Firstly they smell delicious. Like creme brulee.
They are cruelty free and vegan (minus one shade - Candy K)
And they last a super long time!

I applied my lipkit at 8:30 in the morning. Between then and 10am I have two coffees. There was zero transfer. My lips still looked perfect. The next test was how it held up with food.. I ate a lot that day. A huge sandwich, sushi and piece of cake. It still looked amazing! It wasn't til 4:30 that I saw any type of fading. That's 8 hour with zero touch ups. That's longer than my Jeffree Star velour lips last. Don't get me wrong.. I do still love my Jeffree Star lippys but it's amazing to know I can wear my Kylie lipkit all day and not worry about how its wearing.

Is it drying?
Not really. It does bring out the lines on your lips (I'll admit that) but you don't get a drying/horrible feeling on your lips at all. Also, the lipliner is very creamy. So take your time applying it!

My honest opinion is.. I love it and absolutely want more. I think my next purchases will be Mary Jo K and Kourt K. I'm also dying to get my hands on one or two of the Metallics range!
Have you tried any of Kylie's lip products? What did you think?

Alyssa, xxx





Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts