My Top Four Shampoos for Make Up Brushes

Hello everybody! And by everybody I mean the two people that probably read this haha.

I was cleaning out my bathroom the other day and it gave me an idea for a blog post.. My top shampoos for make up brushes! I try to wash my make up brushes fortnightly. Fortnightly might sound gross  to some but I barely wear make up these days. I do wash my beauty blender weekly though.. I feel like a sponge would hoard a lot more gross bacteria than a brush - and I use that to apply my foundation a lot more than I do a brush. If you want to see my recommendations, keep on reading..


My top two favourites are a bit of a tie tbh!

Daiso - Detergent for Puff and Sponge
I was lucky enough to have this sent to me by my lovely friend Desteni from Instagram. We do have Daiso in New Zealand, just not in the city where I live. She raved about this product so I was super happy when I opened my parcel and she sent me one! This shampoo made my beauty blender look like brand new. Before using this I always just thought my sponge was stained. The first time I tried this I was amazed!! It works awesome on all brushes too. Everything looks squeaky clean and good as new! You can find this on eBay for around $8 NZD. 



Bossy Cosmetics - Make Up Brush Shampoo (Antibacterial)
Again I was lucky enough to have this sent to me. This time by the owner of Bossy! This makes my brushes smell divine - like vanilla. The smell isn't too over powering which I love and doesn't irritate my skin. The Bossy shampoo always leaves my brush bristles feeling really soft. I love that its antibacterial too so it's great for a really deep cleanse. You can read more about Bossy Cosmetics here in a previous post of mine. This shampoo will cost you $14 NZD.


Johnsons Baby - Conditioning Shampoo 
This baby shampoo was the first shampoo I bought for cleaning my brushes. I bought it because a lot of people recommended it. It does do a really good job at cleaning brushes - but doesn't leave my brushes feeling as soft as the Bossy Cosmetics shampoo. It also doesn't do as good of a job at washing my beauty blender. But it's affordable (around $6 here in NZ but you can always find it on special) and it's easier to find because they sell in it supermarkets and places like The Warehouse etc. Which is good if you need it asap and don't have time to shop online. 


Elf - Brush Shampoo 
I bought this shampoo from BeautyJoint a while ago for $5 NZD. It is a good shampoo for the price. I use this mainly when I want to give my brushes a quick wash if say, I'm using a different shade foundation on it or they've gone a bit dusty sitting in their container. I use this a lot for my eye shadow brushes - I barely wear eyeshadow so I just give them a quick wash with this. I also feel like my foundation/bronzer/blush brushes need two washes with the Elf shampoo because product still sticks to the bristles. 


And lastly ....

The Bossy Cosmetics Brush Cleaning Pad 
Everybody make up lover needs this. It helps so  much!  Gone are the days of having to swirl and rub brushes on the palm of your hand. This pad ensures you really get in there and deep cleanse your brushes. The cleaning pad is currently on special for $19 NZD - check out their site here.


Let me know your brush shampoo recommendations here or on Instagram! (alyssajana)

Alyssa xxx

Comments

  1. I didn't realize that ELF makes a brush shampoo! I usually use my regular shampoo but it takes FOREVER! That cleaning pad looks incredible! I definitely need one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here!
    Antibacterial Makeup Brushes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts