DIY Dream Catcher

Hello everybody! Today I'm trying something a bit different.. I'm attempting to make this DIY dream catcher and I thought I would share with you how to make it. I've never done this before so forgive me if its not the best looking dream catcher haha.

I actually got this as a kit from Typo - here is a link. If you can't get it in store or online - keep reading! :)

Firstly you will need:
  • a ring or hoop - mine was 18cm
  • around 20m of colourful trimming (pick and choose colours to your liking)
  • 5m of twine
  • 2m of pom pom trim (or whatever you would like to use instead)
  • tassles - it's up to you however many you would like to add
  • coloured beads
All the pretty things you will need

Step One
Wrap the ring with trimming - I used two different colours for mine. Secure ends with knots.
Step 1


Step Two
With your twine, tie a knot at the four points as shown below. Secure at the the top to create the outer web.

Step 2

Step 3
To make the middle of the web, cut another piece of twine and knot as shown below. Tie knots at new four points while adding beads. 

Step 3

Step 4 
Cut another piece of twine to create the inner web. Feed this piece through the beads at the 4 new points and secure back at the beginning. 



Final Steps
All you need to do is tie a loop at the top of your dream catcher and hang the tassles / trimming to the bottom. I would suggest mapping these out first and get an idea of the lengths you want. I'm not quite happy with how mine looked but its easily fixed with a trip to the store for more bits and bobs!


Let me know if you try this out! Sorry about the quality of the last picture - I was doing daylight. I'm thinking of doing more DIY stuff on my blog.. What do you reckon? Comment below and leave URL's so I can check out your blogs too! 

Alyssa, xxxx




Comments

  1. Absolutely ADORABLE, Alyssa! I love the colors and it looks so cute against those flowers :)
    xoxo,
    Katie | katiavagyok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts