MAC x Cinderella

*I totally forgot to upload this blog post - so its kinda old news now haha.

In February MAC released their limited edition Cinderella collection. Being a lover of all things Disney I just had to purchase some of this collection! I couldn't wait til they were released a few weeks later in New Zealand so I stayed up till 2 am when they were released on maccosmetics.com and bought them straight away. As MAC don't ship directly to NZ I had to use a shipping service to get them over here.

I lusted after gorgeous pictures on Instagram of people receiving their goodies. I was so jealous! So after a long two weeks of waiting they finally arrived.

I saw a lot of people commenting on the packaging and saying they weren't a fan. I personally thinks its beautiful (they are some very photogenic lipsticks tbh!) and suits the theme well. You cant see it very well in photos but the blue packaging is iridescent with gorgeous pink reflects that shine through. The plastic itself is semi matte so its not as glittery as you might think. Both of these lipsticks are lustre finishes - so they are very shimmery.

So the real question is... Was it worth the hype? 

Royal Ball and Free As a Butterfly

I'm actually quite disappointed with the shades MAC chose for the lipsticks. Both colours are very light and very sheer. Royal Ball (the darker shade) is the only one I can get away with wearing. However, I do still need a darker lip liner underneath.They describe Royal Ball as a "fleshy pink". It's a warm toned pink that would probably suit people around NC35 and ligher. It applied evenly but did settle on my lips a bit (especially without lip liner) and left a dry clingy feeling. 

Free as Butterfly is very light (or a 'semi sheer golden nude' as they describe it) so I would only recommend this for more pale girls. Even then, you still may want to wear a pinky gloss over top. On my lips Free as Butterfly looked super white and awful. Again, it left a horrible clingy feeling on my lips and really settled into any lines.


As you can see, Free as a Butterfly barely shows up on my arm. I wish they had of just did Royal Ball for the lighter girls and something a bit darker for us ladies with more olive/medium complexion. As well as being disaapointed with the shades, I'm disappointed with the finish. Yes a Lustre finish probably does go with the whole Cinderlla theme but it seems a lot of people were unhappy with the finish they chose. I wish they had opted for a Satin or Cremesheen finish. 

In my opinion, these lipsticks themselves were a let down. But I do love the packaging and if you're like and love collecting limited edition lipsticks - you'll love them anyway!

I have other products from this collection which I can review if anybody is interested? Let me know here or on Instagram :) Did you get anything from this collection? What were your thoughts? I'd love to hear!

Alyssa xx

Comments

  1. I am really disappointed with this collection :( I love the packaging but the quality is no good at all and I have Royal Ball.. the color didn't show up as good on my skin as it is on you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts