Homemade Doggie Treats!


While scrolling through Pinterest I found all sorts of dog treat recipes to try out- what I love about these is I know what my dog is eating  (safe for humans to eat too!) and it's got to be healthier than store bought biscuits :) These peanut butter dog treats are super easy to make - just mix, roll, cut and bake! Most of these ingredients you will probably already have in your cupboard at home.. Bonus! My dog loved these so much he almost took my whole hand off taking one. He also grabbed a pile and ran away to eat them under a tree. For once I made something somebody enjoyed!


Note: I would recommend checking if your dog has any allergies before making these. It is rare for dogs to be allergic to peanut butter but its better to be safe than sorry. My dog has always enjoyed the occasional peanut butter sandwich so I knew these would be fine.


Ingredients:
  • 2/3 cup pumpkin puree (I used pots of baby food)
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 cups whole wheat flour, or more, as needed
Instructions:

  • Preheat oven to 180 degrees on fan bake. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
  • In the bowl beat pumpkin puree, peanut butter and eggs until well combined. Gradually add 2 1/2 cups flour, beating just until combined. Add an additional 1/4 cup flour at a time just until the dough is no longer sticky.
  • Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
  • Place into oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.*
  • Let cool completely.


*Baking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the treats.

Comments

  1. These are so cute and looks delicious, for dogs, even though these are safe for human, I can't imagine eating any of them hahah ~ think it's time I learn to bake and make my doggies some treats! Thanks for the easy tutorial x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts