W7 Palette Review - In The Nude and In The Buff


Over the past year or so it seems like the world has been in some kind of Naked palette frenzy! The Naked palettes are around $70 here (NZD) which I refuse to pay because I'm ballin' on a budget these days. But a few weeks back I discovered these pretty good dupes by W7 that were only $8! The two I purchased were In The Nude - a Naked 3 dupe and also In The Buff which is very similar to the Naked 2.


The packaging is totally copying Urban Decay's Naked palettes however these ones don't have a mirror. Each palette has 12 shades with are a mixture of matte and shimmer and come with a double ended brush.

W7's In The Nude palette is an amazing Naked 3 dupe with gorgeous pink, gold and a few darker purple shades. There's a decent variety of colours to create natural everyday looks as well as shades that would create gorgeous smokey looks as well.

W7's "In the Nude" palette 

The pigment quality is amazing for the price in my opinion.. Excuse my crappy swatch photo.. I tried to get the shades as true to colour as possible. I did find the lightest shade of the palette which was matte to be a little bit chalky. There are one or two shades I find to be a bit too glittery but would properly look super cute on the inner corner.

'In The Nude' swatches

Going from left to right are the shades: Fashionista, Tokyo, Mud Slide, Coffee Cup, Bad Manners, Alice (matte), Sun Kissed, Copper Pot, Marilyn (matte), Venice, Angel and Latte (matte). 


Next is the In The Buff palette which is a collection of more brown/neutral shades:

W7's "In The Buff" palette 


'In The Buff" swatches
Going from left to right are; Onyx, Thunder, Wave, Silk, Storm, Earth, Topaz, Chocolate, Dust, Sand, Camel and Buff. Buff and Chocolate are the only true matte shades in this palette but the others aren't as sparkly as the shades in In The Nude.

I suspect that the packaging/tin probably isn't as robust as as Urban Decays palettes but its definitely not crap. I've knocked mine about a few times and its still looks brand new - no dents or smashed shadows! The brush is a bit meh but I've never actually liked a brush that has come with a palette. As for the application, the mattes are quite buttery and very easy to apply. A few of  the glittery shades may need to be built up to get a really good super pigmentation - especially with the shimmery shades in the In The Nude palette.

Since I've never tried a Naked palette I can't compare the quality but I would absolutely recommend these to those of you that a looking for a cheap versatile palette.  W7 has a few other products which I love. I use their Honolulu bronzer religiously which I hear is a great alternative to the Hoola bronzer by Benefit and they also has a really good cheek and lip tint which I wear on my "no make up, make up days". 

Alyssa xx

Comments

Popular Posts