Instagram : My Tips and Tricks

I often get asked on Instagram how I edit my photos so I thought I would share with you my little tips and tricks.. My instagram isn't the most amazing or well known account.. I don't use any flash camera or Photoshop to edit. Even though I have recently upgraded to an iPhone 6, I'm still using my trusty ol' 4s. I've used my 4s the whole time I've had my account and if you look back through my older photos you will see that they used to be grainy and gross.. Also kinda brown looking for some reason? :/

Over past two years, (I think its been two years.. Maybe more!) I've found ways and apps to make my photos look waaaaay better without using fancy cameras and software!

A collection of my Instagram photos - @alyssajana

Tip Number One: Do not be that person that takes photos at night time. Staaaahp. Nobody appreciates browny orange photos. No.. Just no. You'll thank me later.

Tip Number Two: Wipe your camera lens before you take a photo. It seriously makes your photo look a hundred times better. And make sure you subject matter is in focus!

Tip Number Three: Be careful when it comes to using filters - especially if you're using an app like Squaready to create white frames around your photo so the whole image fits. Most of the time it will turn your boarders brown or yellow (depending on which filter you use) so things on your feed will look miss-matched. Try using a filter before insta-sizing it :)

Tip Number Four: Good lighting! Take photos when the room your in has enough light. Or another good trick is to take photos outdoors.. Most of the time I'm too lazy for this but it really helps if its an overcast day and the lighting indoors isn't the best. The morning or later on in the afternoon is the best time for taking photos outside because in the middle of the day the sun will create too much shadow.

Tip Number Five: A lot of people say have a "theme". Theres all sorts out there.. Make up accounts, DIY accounts, baking, fashion. I've never really had a theme because I just take photos of whatever tickles my fancy! Just photograph what you love and enjoy :) My account has all sorts of random bits and bobs but I try to make sure the colours and how I edit similar so my feed sort of "flows". Which brings me to my next point..

Tip Number Six: Editing! I get asked about this a lot. I don't do anything fancy. I just take my photo with the square setting on my iPhone camera, put that photo into Squaready and once its saved I do more editing with the app Aviary. Once there I just play around with the brightness and saturation. Another tip is to play with the "warmth" setting. I find it helps to make my photos a little more blue toned because it brings out the whites in the images more.

Tip Number Seven: Try to upload regularly! I've found the more often I post, the more active and involved my followers become.. So definitely do this if you want your account to grow!

I hope these few tips were helpful in someway. Instagram is a great way to be creative so just take photos of whatever you love and what inspires you!  Do you have any instagram tips? Leave them in a comment if you do!

Alyssa xxx



Comments

  1. Great post! I've been using instagram for about 3-4 years now, and it's crazy how much it's changed! I love how bright your photos are and I completely agree with the part about working with the warmth! :)
    Katie | katiavagyok.blogspot.com
    @kaitedid on instgram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, having read this awesome written piece I’m also pleased to fairly share my familiarity here with colleagues.comprar seguidores reales instagram

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts