Simple Strawberry Cheesecake

Hey guys! :) I'm doing something a bit different today.. I thought I would share with you a yummy recipe I came across while scrolling through my Facebook feed a few weeks ago. It's a strawberry milkshake cheesecake - and it requires no actual baking.. Yay! Now, obviously it doesn't have to be strawberry. You could do any flavour you would like. I'm going to try chocolate next! 


Crust
2 cups Oreo crumbs
1/4 cup butter
2 tbsp sprinkles - just to make your base extra pretty! 

Cheesecake
24 oz (three 8-oz packages) cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup strawberry Nesquik powder mix (or any flavour milkshake mix that tickles your fancy)
1 tbsp milk
8 oz whipped cream
Addition cream for topping/decorating
Sprinkles for topping

  • Combine Oreo crumbs, melted butter and sprinkles.
  • Press the mixture into the bottom and halfway up the pan. Set in refrigerator to firm up.
  • Mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, strawberry Nesquik mix and milk together in a large bowl until smooth and well combined.
  • Gently stir in the whipped cream.
  • Pour filling into crust and smooth the top.
  • Refrigerate for around five hours until firm. I left mine in overnight just to be thorough.
  • Once firm, remove cheesecake from the pan and decorate however you would like with sprinkles and cream.
  • Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.


Because there's no baking required for this I would say its more of a mousse texture rather than a cheesecake - which is fine with me because I love mousse. I used cream from a can for my decorating and it looked so good but before I could take a photo it started melting everywhere!  Waaaah :'( Maybe I should have left it in the fridge - or better yet the freezer - to harden more I made it go through the long process of photos haha. Let me know if you try this recipe out and tag me in any photos on Instagram. I'm sure yours will come out a lot better than mine.. Its a miracle I can even make toast.. I'm seriously that useless in the kitchen! 

Alyssa xxx



Comments

  1. oh wow this sounds amazing! I love milkshake and i love cheesecake so i would obviously love this. What a good idea to put milkshake powder in it. Definitely going to be making this! x

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts