Mac and Marge

Oh my lordy it feels like I've been waiting forever for this collection to release and be delivered to me! Thank goodness its finally here. I'm so excited!
First things first.. I'm the realest. Jokes. But seriously... I think we're all disappointed Mac didn't do any lipsticks for this collection. Like what the hell? I was expecting some quirky blue lippy or even a red, like the one Marge wears with her green dress to church!


I love the packaging! Inside these boxes is a bright royal blue colour.
From this collection I only bought three of the four lip glosses - Itchy and Scratchy and Sexy, Red Blazer and Grand Pumpkin .I purchased both blushes - Sideshow You and Pink Sprinkles.  I also grabbed myself the Marge/s Extra Ingredients quad as well as the nail stickers.

Pink Sprinkles
Pink Sprinkles is the lighter of the two blushes. It's a sort of cool toned candy pink that's ever so slightly sheer. One thing I did notice when I swatched this was that's slightly chalky but once its settles into your skin and mixes with your natural oils, it looks fine :) The mirrors in these compacts are a good size too.. Perfect for using while applying lippy!

Sideshow You
Sideshow you is peachy, coral colour and is only available online. I'm so glad I grabbed this one because its gorgeous on the skin :) This blush also has a slight shimmer too. Both blushes are easy to blend and a little goes a long way!

Next up is Marge's Extra Ingredients Quad..

Marge's Extra Ingredients quad

I'll describe the colours from left to right:
Harpooned Heart is a super shimmer, cool toned (almost white/silver!) baby pink.
Sexy PB & J is a gorgeous bright purple.
Beehive Blue is an intense blue - exactly like Marge's signature locks. 
Vivacious Vacuum Cleaner Bag is a dark blue-ish purple. I love that they added a dark colour which isn't black.. I don't think I'll ever master the art of black shadow! That's for make up wizards ;)

They also released another quad called "That Trillion Dollar Look" which is more green/yellow based - which I couldn't see myself using.

Now for the glosses! I didn't purchase Nacho Cheese Explosion because again, I didn't see myself using it.

Grand Pumpkin - Red Blazer - Itchy and Scratchy and Sexy


I've never owned a Mac lipglass because I've always thought glosses to be sticky things that gets hair stuck to your lips haha. But I love these! They aren't sticky at all and they smell devine!

Grand Pumpkin reminds me of Bart's orange shirt. It's a pretty creamy orange colour that looks pretty but subtle on the lips. I think this gloss could also look quite nice over Mac's Morange. 
Red Blazer is a bright pink with a little bit of a purple shimmer. I love it! I wore it today and it looks so girly and pouty on the lips.
Itchy and Scratchy and Sexy is bright purple with a lot of shimmer. I love that all of these colours are super wearable. 

And lastly... The nail stickers covered with all the Simpsons characters :)

I can't wait to use these!

There was a lot of hype about this collection and once I saw it I thought they could have done a bit more. Like lipsticks.. Duh! Or maybe a brush? But now that I have it in my hot little hands I'm actually in love. I'm not the biggest fan of the quad and the blush packaging though.. I feel like its a little plastic looking/kids toy like? Yes? No?

What do you guys think?


Did you buy anything from this collection? Let me know what you thought :) Don't forget to follow me on Blog Lovin' too. I love finding new blogs xxx


Comments

  1. This collection looks great!!
    http://heyitshannaah.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts