Chi Chi Fabulous & Flawless foudation review

Hey guys! I thought while I sit here (rather impatiently) waiting for MAC to release their 'The Simpsons' collection, I would write a review on a product I've been trying out these past few months..

So if you're from Australia or New Zealand (like me) you are bound to have heard about this foundation that a lot of YouTubers and bloggers have been raving about - the Chi Chi Fabulous and Flawless foundation. 
It is described as:

  • Oil free and lightweight
  • Medium yet build able coverage
  • Long wearing and smudge proof
  • Leaves skin looking fresh and natural
  • Moisturizing and hydrating
  • Paraben free
This foundation smells super yummy too!

Chi Chi Fabulous & Flawless foundation
I originally bought this foundation in the shade Medium Olive which was described as being for medium skin with neutral and olive undertones. This sounded perfect for my skin tone but once I tried it on it was super dark and orange! I then purchased Neutral Beige which is described as being suitable for light to medium skin with neutral undertones. This is one was a way better match for me. However, I still find it's a bit orange on my skin. I'm definitely a yellow under-toned gal. (I'm NC37 in MAC's Studio Fix). 

Neutral Beige swatch blended
The first thing I noticed is that it is very light coverage, even with the two layers I applied with my Real Techniques buffing brush. The first day I wore it for only a few hours and it didn't make me oily at all which I loved because I get really oily throughout the day, even with a powder. The next time I tried applying it with a beauty blender which worked sooooo much better. It became more of a medium coverage and actually looked quite flawless as they claimed it would. Over the day it did wear off and looked a bit oily/muddy and smudged super easily. 

I'm quite disappointed with this foundation which sucks because I know a lot of girls out there absolutely swear by this foundation and love the coverage it gives. I feel like it oxidizes on my skin no matter what products I use underneath it :'( Would I buy it again? No.. But i'll still wear it on those days when I'm just looking for a light coverage. This foundation is available at Farmers in New Zealand and I believe if you're in Australia - Myer and Target is the place to go! Chi Chi Cosmetics do ship worldwide though! 

Comments

  1. I keep seeing this brand but as im in the uk we cant get it :( x
    Emma / Everything Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do ship worldwide but I'm unsure how much shipping would be to UK. You guys have so many brands that I want to try! I wish NZ had Soap and Glory :'( xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts